I'm really disappointed that I couldn't finish my top but I'm definitely not in the sewing mood right now. I think I just need to chill and watch TV and maybe sleep. But as soon as I'm back in the land of the living, I'll be back to Marcy and you can all be on the lookout for an update. :)
Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Sewing or lack of it
I met up with my real life sewing buddies on Saturday & managed to start and finish the front piece of my Marcy Tilton top, Vogue 8671. I'm making View C which is the one pieced with various other fabrics and involves using spray adhesive to get the little pieces sitting correctly. I'm very happy with how it's looking so far & was all ready to sew the rest of it on Sunday. Well you know how the best laid plans never work out. I was struck down with some sort of illness. I felt like crap and honestly thought I was having a heart attack! It started with huge indigestion-type pain but when I took indigestion remedies, they didn't work. It reminded me of gall-bladder pain but I knew that couldn't be what it was as mine was removed in 2002! Anyway, the pain got worse and eventually I took some heavy duty drugs, chucked up my breakfast & slept the rest of the day. Felt better that night but it returned again on Monday although not as bad. I finally got myself to the doctor who thinks it might be pancreas related. Oh goodie! Just what I need. Anyway, I'm off tomorrow for an ultrasound although I am feeling much better today (of course) so hopefully the worst has passed and I'll be given a clean bill of health. I sure don't feel like spending any time in a hospital bed cos that's the treatment for pancreatitis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hope you feel better soon. The top is worth finishing, so you'll get around to it.
Good luck for today and take it easy. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Good to hear that you are starting to feel better. I hope the appointment goes well for you today.
Hope you are feeling better!
Feel better soon!
Post a Comment