Saturday, 12 September 2015

I didn't realise......

It's been 2 months since I posted! Eek. Sometimes life (& bag making) gets in the way of blogging. You'd think I've been sewing up a storm but I haven't really. Just some bags. I think I'm addicted to making bags.

I leave for Brisbane in a week or so but I haven't been doing my usual last minute clothes sewing. All because I made that wardrobe & cruise wardrobe earlier this year for Brisbane. Big cheer! But I did think I might just whip up some pull-on jeans (you know, like the Jalie ones?) using an old TNT Vogue 7608. Haven't made those since 2004 when I was fat. Well since I'm fat AGAIN...I thought they'd work OK. But the best laid plans....they are TOO BIG! In fact, they are HUGE. Sigh. Luckily I am doing a fitting class with Roberta Thompson at Convention so I can take them as an example of pants crap. He he he.

Anyway, onto the things I can show you. Yes, they are bags. If you're not interested you can pop off now. I won't be offended. Well, maybe a little. Pffft.

First one up is called the Hipbag Hybrid. I like this bag "in theory" but parts of it just don't work. Including the magnets inside that can't cope with any sort of heaviness and the zipper pouch that collapses onto itself when stuff is inside it. But it looks good.



This one is a Nicole Mallalieu coin purse that I made ages ago & have just finished it by adding the frame.


This is a Studio Cherie glasses case that I made in a morning. Quick and looks great. I can see more of these in my future (gifts?).


This is also by Studio Cherie. It's a Zip Around Wallet. Looks soo professional if I do say so myself. Very happy with it.



Last but not least is a duffel I made last month. I quilted all the fabric using bra foam and ordered the zip specially from Zipperstop. I love it. It's a great size and manages to stand up all by itself. It's Simplicity 2600.


7 comments:

L said...

You bags are great! I especially like the duffle bag.

SewRuthie said...

Great bag. I like the black and red zippy one!

Michelle said...

How was the zip-around wallet pattern? I have a Vera Bradley knock-off one that I bought for my iPhone 5, but my iPhone 6 doesn't fit in the slot for it. I was thinking of making my own, if I could find a pattern that resembled the one that I have now, but in the right size.

KathyS said...

Nice set of bags/purses. I love your fabric choices.
Lucky you to be having a class with Roberta Thompson. I loved the articles she used to write for Australian Stitches magazine.

Dilliander said...

Really lovely bags Alison! Have a great time at Convention and will be lovely to have a TNT pants pattern.

Sue said...

Fabulous bags! Looks like you have been really busy to me.

catspec said...

LOVE the bags.....yes, time flies - me too! :)