Of course rather than returning to Marcy, I'm planning my next sewing project. I was reading Janis's blog and she's making Vogue 1036 which I also have. I got it in Portland. :) Anyway, residing in my stash is some gorgeous aqua denim which I bought when I went to Melbourne in 2009. It's been sitting there for 2 years waiting for me to come up with something and I think this is it! I've also got some turquoise snap source snaps which go nicely with it too so I think it's just meant to be.
Yesterday I traced off the pattern and today I want to cut out a toile. I'm hoping that if I use size E I won't need to do an FBA. I'll be watching the shoulder length though as Janis mentioned she needed to take of 1.5".
I just washed my denim.....the water came out bright blue! But, sob sob, I noticed when I hung it on the line that it's now a little distressed. So am I. It was gorgeous before but not so much now. Oh well.

4 comments:
The jacket pattern, especially the sleeves, has some great seam details. It should be lovely made up in your denim.
Hopefully the distressed looked will make the jacket even more fantastic. Can't wait to see it.
Glad you are feeling better! Distressed can be good!
Now that your fabric is distressed, the jacke will look like something from Levis or Converse.
Post a Comment