Sunday, 3 April 2011

Polar fleece socks

My first sewing since returning from the trip! I think I made these the day after I got back...I was so itching to sew & these were a quick & easy thing to make.

I got this pattern at The Fabric Depot in Portland and thought they'd be fantastic as bedsocks & also for wearing around the house. Perfect for this time of year when the weather is cooling down at night. I also got the idea of cutting up an old knitted jumper (purchased from Vinnies or similar) from one of the NZ gals. Now my mother won't have to knit me any more bedsocks! You can bet she's pretty happy about that.

Anyway, I used leftover polar fleece from my hoodie and while it doesn't have a lot of stretch, the socks fit really well. Except for the ankle part which is a bit tight due to my fat legs. So next time, I will just add a little to that part of the pattern.

I'm very happy with these & have been wearing them a lot. I can see quite a few more pairs in my sewing future! LOL.


Polar Socks - calf sock
The Green Pepper patterns
Size 8
Fabric: leftover microfleece originally purchased at Rose City Textiles Oct 2008


1 comment:

velosews said...

Wow. I'm speechless. Nice to see you've been sewing since the trip too.