Saturday, 29 June 2013

Sewing FOR cats

I recently got this pattern at the ASG Industry Day and decided to make a onesie for our Burmese cat, Pickle. She gets very cold ears and loves to snuggle so I thought she'd love a polar fleece number. How wrong I was!

I had to do a few adjustments to the dog pattern - namely the shortening of the legs (sleeves?), the narrowing of same & taking a bit out of the hood. Otherwise the small size fits the Burmeser nicely. I made a toile from white interlock and she looked a bit like the pope or with the hood up, some nasty klan member. She looks much nicer in the correct fabric which is a zebra stripe polar fleece. I can see some more projects in this since I have 2.2 metres & only used about 50cm for this one!

Anyway, after much hissing, clawing & biting here is the result.


That's my husband holding her. After he put her down, she just stood in the position below for ages. I'm not sure what she was doing but when she did start walking, it was sooo funny. OMG..I wish I had a video. Anyway, she looks cute in it. Not sure what the other cats think.



Simplicity 1731
Size: Small (dog)
Fabric: Polar fleece purchased on 25 June 2013 $10 p/m from The Remnant Warehouse

9 comments:

Kelley said...

OMG, Alison, that's hilarious! I hope your poor cat finds some relief from the cold. LOL.

BeaJay said...

that is one unhappy face... I can just imagine the steps when she started walking - like walking on hot coals.

BeaJay said...

I was just looking at my cat thinking.... hmmm.... I think I would lose an eye if I tried to put a jumper on her.

SewRuthie said...

heck, when I think of the blood drawn helping my mum give her cat a worming tablet, I cannot imagine what trying to put a fleece jacket on him would do!!! you are a brave lady!

Sue said...

still laughing...

Kristy Chan said...

I so wish I was there to see you put your cat in the jacket, it must have been the funniest sight ever!

Sharon said...

Oh that face, you are in trouble!!!

Cherrypix said...

[wiping tears from my eyes]

Oh the indignities our dear cats have to put up with...

That outfit is hilarious...just hilarious!

Janis said...

That is too funny! When I put the leash on my cat, it's the same thing - he just stands frozen, lol. Your kitty is cute, cute, cute!