We had a council clean up which got rid of an old TV that was sitting in my sewing room. This gave me room for the drawers. I also discovered that the height is very handy for a small pressing area. I've put an Heirloom Shape n Press thingie on top and it's wonderful.
I thought I might as well clean up the rest of the room too so now have a nice clean sewing table as well as an organised bookshelf. I'm loving it. Best of all, I can now set my laptop up in my sewing room and as it's the warmest room in the house in winter, I'm snug and cosy. Ignore the unpainted wall and the half painted shelf thingie! I decided to put that up regardless of the fact that it was only half painted. It sort of goes with the wall. LOL
My organised bookshelf complete with legless baby Aneboda which sits on a box of vinyl records! Only because there's nowhere else for them.
The top drawer of my unit holds my 'current' patterns. They are sorted by brand and then by pattern number. This lot is Simplicity, Kwik Sew, New Look, Vogue and some independent companies.
The second drawer holds McCalls, Burda and Jalie and has plenty of room for further expansion!
Unfortunately, the Jalies don't fit standing up. But for those who care, Burda magazine does.
The bottom drawer is my 'archives' and holds all my older patterns from the 80s, 90s and 00s sorted by brand and number for easy access.






7 comments:
Wow. That's a really impressive clean up. I love the pic on your laptop.
I am impressed - what a great space and so organised. I love those drawers and have wanted some since I saw them on 'Lower your Presser Foot'. Looking good!
And all your machines have their covers on too, you show-off. I am totally impressed.
Your sewing room is looking very impressive, so what is next on the sewing list?
Ooh...like those pattern cabinets! Your room looks great! Sigh....my space has been steadily decreasing...moving stuff out of the soon-to-demolished back of house....I've had a run of very dumb sewing....truly awful....perhaps trying to do things that are a bit beyond me...especially fitting wise. Will bring them with me to the July session ....my high hips, sloping shoulders and sticky-outy shoulder blades ( not to mention all the other challenges) are just not working with my creations! ;-(
I purchased this cabinet several months ago after seeing it on one of the blogs (probably the same one you did) and I love it. It's as if it was made to hold patterns! I have over 500 patterns in mine and still have some room left for more. Before that all my patterns were in boxes all over the floor. If anyone is interested in getting one of these I suggest that you get one soon. I was told when I purchased mine that they were closing these out and I got mine on sale for less than $50.00
Post a Comment