After much stressing, making pants at all hours and taking photographs in the last of the day's sun, I managed to get 3 collages ready & entered in the contest. But wait...I haven't shown you all the items!
You've already seen the dress and one top. So here are my other three tops.
This is McCalls 5890 which I whipped up on our recent sewing weekend away. A really quick sew since it has no facings. The pattern also features the same top made into a dress and I'm tempted to give it a go! The fabric here is a remnant from a previous top made a few yrs ago.
This top is what started it all and is pretty much the hero of the wardrobe. It's the infamous silk/cotton that I bought in Canberra. Loved it the moment I saw it and I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This is Simplicity 2230 modified at the neck which pretty much means I got rid of that awful neck facing and just did a bias binding and turned it into a V. I did this amazing hem with my rolled hem foot on my sewing machine...I even impressed myself with that! LOL.
The final top is Kwik Sew 3764 with flounce from my dress fabric. The aqua is merino that I bought from The Fabric Store in January. Half price! And then I got a further discount cos it had some small holes. Very happy with that.
I'm also wearing the much-maligned V2948 pants in lime linen/cotton. Not really happy with these. And don't tell anyone...but they're not really finished. Well, not finished finished if you know what I mean. Sshhhhhhh.
Last but not least is one of my "sewist's choice" items, a mesh overjacket thingie from McCalls 6559. This was sewn straight out of the envelope, entirely on the overlocker with a rolled hem edge. Also sewn on the weekend away. I discovered the joys of water soluble stabiliser for rolled hem on this baby!
I also sewed a mesh top for my mother on our retreat but I have no photo of it and I've since given it to her. She was very happy with it so those of you who had your eyes on it can just forget it. :)




5 comments:
Very nice Alison. Love the ruffle. A lovely coordinated wardrobe.
Great pieces and love the bright colours. Oh those pants!
You do such beautiful clothes. The colors really suit you.
A little late to commenting...
I love the vibrancy of your wardrobe. Though I didn't comment often, I followed your progress through the contest and voted for you (and a couple others). Congratulations on finishing and making a coordinated wardrobe!
Love 'em all! :) You ARE a winner!!!!!!!
Post a Comment