Sunday, 17 April 2011

Marcy and my toile

I'm back with a pic of my finished Marcy Tilton top. The fabric is absolutely gorgeous against my skin..it's a micro-modal and just happened to match perfectly with the cherry red/black printed knit I brought back from Portland. I'm working on a small wardrobe of clothes for the Australian Sewing Guild Convention in September so this is one of my tops for that.


Vogue 8671
Size 16 at shoulders/neck, 20 at sides/fronts where possible
Fabric: Micro modal from the Remnant Warehouse
Cost: $6.95 less 25%

Please excuse my daggy around the house shorts! They certainly don't match. LOL.

I've used various pieces of fabric for the top. There is some black mesh from an older fat dress I had, some amazing black fabric with a metallic finish that I got at Remnant Warehouse and some stripe purchased from Marcy. I'm loving the raw edges (who'd have thought??) cos there's no hem hassles. The sleeves are a little long and I've already taken 3 inches off but I'm going to leave them and maybe push them up if necessary. The top is a little clingy but I think if I wore a tricot half slip underneath, that might make it look better.

Onto my toile. I have no pic cos it's not suitable for publishing! I made a size E hoping not to have to do an FBA. Well, actually I don't. But the jacket doesn't come anywhere near doing up around my stomach & hips and I can tell that it's pulling towards the back. So I need to add more to the back hip and do something with the back armhole cos there's balloons of puffiness around the armhole! It's also very short but I haven't put the band on yet. The shoulder looks OK...just need to take off my usual 1.5cm I think.


4 comments:

Sue said...

Looks fab Alison - love the colour of that fabric! Not so sure about the shorts though!

velosews said...

Your first Marcy looks great. Dye the shorts red:)

Michelle said...

The more that I see this pattern, the more that I like it! Great job on the top.

Kathy said...

Just wanted to let you know that we like your version of V8671 so much that we posted a link to your blog from our Vogue Patterns Facebook page. Nice job!