Monday, 6 September 2010

My Baguette!

This bag was made as a knockoff of a Vera Bradley bag that I wanted badly. But then I thought I could make it myself and it would probably be better. So here it is. It's Nicole Mallalieu's Baguette but I changed a couple of things.

  • I fused the thicker version of fusible fleece onto the flap and quilted it
  • Moved the zipper pocket over and added a chapstick pocket
  • Changed the way the zipper pocket is made - ie I have no raw edges or wrong sides showing inside the pocket
  • Made the strap very thin and long enough to go over my body, not just hang from the shoulder



I'm very happy with the result. Here's a pic of the lining inside which actually isn't finished..I still have a little hand sewing to do. I've put my chapstick in the pocket so you can see it.



And a close-up of the quilting.



While I was taking these photos, a friend of mine came into my sewing room from the cat run. I had to laugh when I saw her.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Cute bag, and is she getting ready to do that handstitching for you :)

Sue said...

Cute bag! You have done a great job on it.

Don't you love how cats know they are beautiful, even when they have a piece of grass dangling from their mouth!

velosews said...

How pretty. I love the bag too.