Friday, 10 September 2010

Vogue 1058

I joined in Quilting Queen's cardi sew along on PR and decided to make this Vogue Sandra Betzina number. I had quite a bit of leftover black wool from my Wardrobe Contest items so that's what I used. For some reason, I used size D which has a finished bust measurement of 38" when I actually measure 43". No idea what I was thinking and of course it doesn't meet at the centre front.

There's also some issues under the arm - I think the armhole is too high so next time I will cut it down a couple of inches. The tie band is sitting in the wrong place, it's right on my bust & I think it's meant to be under the bust so a bit of length will solve that problem for next time. Hmm...it sounds like the whole top part of the cardi is just too short. I wonder if it's just me?

Anyway, I'm still pretty happy with it and will wear it. But even though it matches all my wardrobe stuff, I can't wear it with the tops cos the cardi has 3/4 sleeves & all my tops are long sleeved. Wouldn't you know it? LOL. At the moment I'm wearing it over a short sleeved T and it's all good.


Vogue 1058
Size D
Fabric: 100% wool from The Remnant Warehouse 
Purchased sometime in 2010 $14.95 p/m

4 comments:

velosews said...

Congratulations on making a cardi.

Sharon said...

This will still be a versatile piece in your wardrobe. Looking good.

Unknown said...

You will get heaps of wear out of it I am sure

Stephanie Newman said...

I am wondering if it is short in the upper bodice too? If you have been to see it on my blog or flickr site linked at PR you will see the band sits in a similar place on my bust and I am not sure it doesn't do the same thing on the pattern, although it is hard to tell...so it just may be the way it is designed.
I also lenthened mine by a little in the total overall length, just not in the top half, it would have been very, very short on me otherwise, with a longer torso.
Otherwise though I think you have done a lovely job with the cardi and it looks really nice, I hope you get lots of wear from yours when you find the right top to wear with it. Maybe the tank provided in the same pattern? I am planning to make this shortly.
Quilting Queen