Monday, 26 July 2010

Another skirt...oh & a top!

 Yes, that's right sports fans....I've finished another skirt. Who would've thought?? This is my denim straight skirt for the wardrobe contest. Thanks to my real life sewing buddies I managed to get this thing to fit OK. I had major dramas with the side seams but I think I mentioned that before. Anyway aftering trolling through 3 shops looking for an 8" navy blue invisible zipper (it shouldn't be that hard, should it????) I whacked it in, perfectly first go, amazing! So here's the result.


Simplicity 9825
Size 20 (erk)
Fabric: stretch denim from M&S purchased way back

The reason I'm standing funny is cos there was a wrinkle down the front and it made the skirt pointy. I suppose it would've been an idea to iron it first. LOL.

I've also finished a top for my wardrobe. It's another version of OOP McCalls 4600 top with removable cowl. This one is much better than the previous. I fixed the shoulders so they weren't falling off me and cut the front neckline down so it doesn't show so much when the cowl is on. I've realised though that it could be a bit longer. Oh well. Such is life.


McCalls 4600
Fabric: Poly jersey purchased at Pitt Trading June 2010
$9 per metre

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Very nice skirt and top, you are looking smart.

velosews said...

Nice match. The skirt fits like a glove.