I discovered that these pants are actually meant to be cropped although there was nothing on the pattern envelope to say so. So I had to play with both leg length & width. I decided that since I was in that area, I'd do my extended calf adjustment too. I should do this on all pants but sometimes I can't be bothered. My jeans are a good example of that! Anyway...the adjustment has made them hang beautifully at the side. I'm so pleased with them. I will do the adjustment on all my pants now. I also added a bit of width to the leg at the bottom as I'd taken a 3cm tuck out all the way down the back leg. I still have a couple of wrinkles at the back crotch but I think they're due to the inseam. I took it in and it made it worse so I let it out a little & it was better, but not perfect. But it will do. I have no photo of that though. The only photos I have are the ones on Flickr as I was without my laptop for a week & the other pics are on my DD's computer.
Not the best photo but you get the general idea. You can see how the pockets show through a bit. This fabric is very stretchy & has already dropped the crotch a little. I might wait until I wash them & if it's still the same, I will take the front crotch up a little. The separate elastic casing makes this easy & I really like the look of it. I think I will use it again on other pants.
Here's the side view.
New Look 6950
Size 16
Fabric: Very stretchy viscose/elastane (I think)
Bought at Pitt Trading sometime in 2010 $9 p/m
Oh & that's my wardrobe complete!!! Woot.


3 comments:
Nice work on the pants. Looks like your solved this challenge really well.
Great pants and love the way the side seams fall. Well done.
Now that I've seen the pants, the pocket detailing was impressive.
Post a Comment