Saturday, 12 June 2010

Croc jacket is done!

Woot!!!!! The jeans jacket is finished and I'm happy. Especially since this project was not without its problems and frustrations. The first problem I had was topstitching. My main machine doesn't like topstitching thread so I thought I'd set up my Husqvarna to do it. Problem was, the fabric stuck to the foot. It was not happy at all. So I tried my mechanical Janome. Same problem. Then I remembered I had a Janome teflon foot. Whacked it on and all was right. I still had trouble when topstitching the cuffs, collar and bottom bands but thanks to the Down Under gals on PR, I sorted that by applying Mr Sheen to both layers and the foot. Worked a treat.

So that makes 3 garments finished for my wardrobe. I think I'll work on something easy next..maybe the red skirt. Oh & I did find some red print fabric at Pitt Trading. It's not 100% but will do. I think I'll make the top in both a plain and the print and then only enter one of them in the contest. I'll make the decision when everything's finished and we'll see which one looks best with the other pieces.

This is the only pic I have of my jacket so you'll have to make do for now.



Vogue 7610
Size D
Fabric: stretch croc denim
$9.95 p/m from The Remnant Warehouse

4 comments:

velosews said...

Absolutely love the croc jacket. It's smashing. Nice investigation work.

KID, MD said...

Such a fun jacket!!

Gail said...

Maybe I should have bought some of the croc at the warehouse. I looked at it and passed it over. Your jacket looks great.

Sharon said...

Great jacket, looks fantastic and you did very well with all the issues it threw at you.