Monday, 25 January 2010

Kwik Sew 2694

I whipped up this top yesterday using the aqua print I bought last week. I have made 2 previous versions of this pattern back in 2008 when I weighed considerably more. Back then, I used size XL with huge FBAs and extra added. This time, I decided to do view B with the short sleeves and used size medium. I did a 3cm FBA, rotated the dart to the under-bust seamline and added another 3cm to the front.  Of course, I then had to add the 6cm to the bottom front piece too. The shoulders are a little big but that's about the only problem with it (although it could've used a neckline gaposis tuck). Oh & I also added 2.5cm or so to the back hip area after comparing it with another T shirt pattern that I've used.

I used cream FOE around the neckline and did twin needle hems after stabilising the hemline with some fusible knit interfacing.


Kwik Sew 2694 View B
Fabric: Viscose knit purchased at Pitt Trading $4 p/m

5 comments:

velosews said...

Nice work. You've done a good job placing the print in the right places too.

Sharon said...

Looks great on you and much better than RTW.

Agree about the pattern placement.

Gail said...

Nice work Alison. I really like that folding elastic you use for edging. I've found a source for when I get around to t-shirt making.

Sue said...

Question time? Where do you source your foe from?

Lovely top!

Janine said...

Great top. Thanks for the headsup (I think ;-))on the half price sale at Pitt Trading. Went there today and picked up a couple of nice knits, plus some FOE in some great colours.