Monday, 8 February 2010

Stop press!! The pants are done

Yes, you read that right. My pants are finished. I am now a complete expert at fitting pants. Well...probably not but I did get rid of most of the excess below my bum which in itself is a major thing. They're not perfect but they'll do for my first solo attempt. My DH & DD took soooo many photos of my backside which was very helpful. Thank goodness for digital cameras!

The pattern is OOP McCalls 8178 which I've had for about 10 years. My trusty sewing notebook tells me I made the jacket & cami way back in 2001. I also made the pants back then but I remember they only fitted me for a little while as I obviously gained weight.

So I'm very happy right now. I think the pants are a litte long but they go nicely with my new RTW top!



McCalls 8178 (OOP)
Size 16 adjusted
Fabric: Aqua cotton linen blend (I think)
Purchased by my mother at Pitt Trading and given to me when she realised she'd never use it (I've got 4 metres!)

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh wow, you have done a great fitting job, congratulations.

Brilliant match with your top as well.

velosews said...

Nice work on the pant fit. Your outfit looks smashing.

Gail said...

Pants, so hard to fit, so proud when you do. Is that tshirt fabric from Pitt Trading too?