Thursday, 21 January 2010

Shopping

I met up with my real life sewing buddies last Saturday and they mentioned Pitt Trading had a half price fabric sale. So who am I to resist? I went over there on Monday and picked up a couple of things. These are their stories. ;)

I found the almost perfect print that matches my aqua pants fabric (which reminds me...I'd better get cracking on those or summer will be over and I'll be wearing bright aqua in winter!!). Not only did it have the aqua colour but also another one of my colours, a mid blue. Not that I have anything to match that but hey...a girl can always shop some more. I got three metres cos that's all they had left on the roll.



Viscose/rayon? jersey
$4 per metre

I also picked up this poly spandex jersey. I'm still not 100% sure about the size of the print but the colours are exactly what I wanted for my trip later this year (travel wardrobe colours are black/white/grey/red). I ummed & ahhed about it & then thought, what the heck it's only $4 a metre. So it came home with me.




Poly/spandex jersey
$4 p/metre

Then I headed up to the Remnant Warehouse where I made a killing. I got a Simplicity pattern for DD for a dress (we're going to my nephew's wedding in April), a 250m reel of Gutermann thread, a piece of fabric (see below) and some piping cord all for $8.95. I had a $20 voucher on my frequent shopper card and I think the girl made an error in her maths so $8.95 was my total for all that. Very happy! Here's the fabric...I couldn't resist. Again, it was my travel colours.



Poly/spandex jersey
$8.95 per metre


Here's the pattern I got DD. It's a Project Runway pattern so has no views to speak of. We're making the blue dress in the pic but with the uneven hemline. I bought size 12-20 only to discover that DD is a 10 in the high bust. Sigh.





3 comments:

Sharon said...

Very nice fabrics.

That is going to be a stunning dress on DD.

velosews said...

When I saw the acqua print, I knew it screamed Alison. Great choices.

Anonymous said...

If you don't use the pattern for DD, can I buy it off you?? (LOL - I have lots of needs for this type of dress but it is lovely!!) Luisa R