Anyway, what I am doing is planning some outfits for the Australian Sewing Guild convention which is in late September in Perth, WA. I already have 3 patterns and 2 pieces of fabric; I just need to work out what size I will be then! Anyone got a crystal ball??? LOL. At the moment, I measure 110cm (43") in the bust and 95cm (37.5") in the high bust. In the past 2 months, I've lost 10cm off my bust so am planning that this will happen again in the next 2 months or so. That will make me a 14 or 16 so I'm just going to use a size 14 (2 of my patterns are quite loose fitting) and add a 1" dart & see how it goes. No doubt I will be doing panic sewing in September but that's how I usually sew for the Convention anyway! So here are the 3 patterns I've got so far.
The first one is Vogue 2817. I'm only making the jacket. I can see that I will need to do something with the shoulder line as it's quite extended and I'm not a fan of that look. Also the sleeve is huge! As it always goes, I would have needed that width 5 months ago but not now so I'll have to make the sleeve smaller if you can believe it.

The next one is Simplicity 3894. Again, I'm making the jacket and since it doesn't appear to have much fitting, I think this one will be fine. I just need to make sure the back and shoulders are OK. I have a gorgeous turquoise silk for this which will drape beautifully.

Last but not least is Simplicity 2891. The Convention is having a kaftan theme so this is my attempt. Not being a huge fan, I think this top is a compromise. It's the only one of my 3 that isn't loose so the fit on this one will be interesting. View C (the purple one) is the one I'm doing but I'm not sure if I'll use that length of the length of View D which is the one underneath.
1 comment:
From what I can see with all of these choices, I would make sure that the shoulder and necklines fit well. These all suits your body type.
As your weight falls off your body, you'll become an expert in making bust and waistline adjustments. Just think of how cool it will be to shrink your wardrobe?
Post a Comment