- Used a size S and made a slightly larger FBA
- Done a gaposis adjustment on the neckline - I could see it needed it in the toile but as I hadn't put any elastic on, I thought that would fix it. Turns out the elastic is applied flat, not stretched so the gap is still there.
- Checked the width of the shelf bra/lining piece and adjusted the gathers & elastic that is applied onto it - I can still do this; it just means I have to unpick 2 rows of zig zag
Sunday, 17 May 2009
The tankini top is done
I finally got around to making the tankini top for DD that matches the rashie I made in March. I made a toile out of some leftover lycra and boy am I glad I did! DD is 36" in the full bust which puts her between S & M sizes so I made the M in the toile. It pulled a bit and the lining was too short so I did a 1/2" FBA on both pieces and lengthened the lining by 2" to get over her girls. Now the lining is flapping below her bust and the armholes and neckline gap a bit! I should've done a couple of things differently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice job. The fabric is such a good match and it's great that DD loves your work - and the tankini of course.
Post a Comment