I'm still working on the Jalie top. I've tweaked the pattern a bit & cut out a new front but I'm still unpicking the previous version. I might get it done later today but I'm not sure.
So, in the meantime, I did a little stash shopping this week and yesterday made up this top. It's another Simplicity 4076 but this time, I used the sleeve from my crossover top, Kwik Sew 2694. I added a little more to the FBA plus moved the front out from the fold about 1cm cos I wanted a bit more gathering. But it doesn't seem to have had that effect! But I'm very happy with the result. The fit isn't perfect but it will do. I love the reaction from my family...my husband shook his head in amazement that I could cut out and complete a top in a couple of hours. Gotta love that!

So, in the meantime, I did a little stash shopping this week and yesterday made up this top. It's another Simplicity 4076 but this time, I used the sleeve from my crossover top, Kwik Sew 2694. I added a little more to the FBA plus moved the front out from the fold about 1cm cos I wanted a bit more gathering. But it doesn't seem to have had that effect! But I'm very happy with the result. The fit isn't perfect but it will do. I love the reaction from my family...my husband shook his head in amazement that I could cut out and complete a top in a couple of hours. Gotta love that!

Simplicity 4076
View D with Kwik Sew sleeve
Fabric: Poly jersey
Cost: $8 p/metre
Purchased: 29 July from Pitt Trading
2 comments:
Hi Alison,
The top looks great and with the pattern you can't see the errors that you refer to. Well done on such a quick make!!
Hi Alison
You've done a great job. It looks like a neat fit and it's dazzling. The neckline looks good and don't you love how quickly a decent fabric and pattern can come togther.
Post a Comment