Tuesday, 22 July 2008

More drama

Monday dawned bright & sunny so I thought it was the perfect day to drag out the Jalie top. I added the modesty panel & tried it on. Hmph. It has these huge drag lines from my chest area pointing to the 'girls'.


I used size BB at the shoulders & tapered down to an FF at the side seams. Then I did an FBA...boy was that a difficult thing to do! Anyway, I think I must've added about 6cm and then closed the dart & moved the fullness to the underbust seam. Now it looks like I need more room! The bust is pulling everything down so the top is falling forward at the shoulders, pulling the sleeve across my chest & making those drag lines. Buggeration.


The modesty panel is another thing. I added exactly the same to it as I did on the FBA & it's huge! I need to take most of that out. Ack! There's also some fullness at the centre front seam below my bust which I think is also related to the FBA. I will need to take some out of there but at least I can...since there's a seam. Thank goodness for small mercies. Luckily I have a lot of the fabric left so can easily cut out another front. Stay tuned!

No comments: