Friday, 8 August 2008

Latest pic

Here's the pic of the top I made using some of my grey/black fabrics. I copied the idea from a RTW top I saw at TS. Although you may not be able to tell from the photo, the hem is assymetrical and left raw (a big breakthrough for this pedantic Virgo, let me tell you!). I couldn't actually work out a way to hem it so I just left it. The base pattern is that old stand-by, Kwik Sew 2694 placed on the fold and made as a 'normal' T shirt. The sleeve is that ubiquitous flutter sleeve from Simplicity 4076.

Apologies for the pic quality...it's the best I could do when no one's here to take the photo.



3 comments:

velosews said...

You've got a good eye for detail. The fabrics are well placed. If you decide on being particular, why not use the overlocker with a neat thread for the hem edges?
Nice work Alison.

Sharon said...

The top looks great Alison, well done.

Kelley said...

The top looks fabulous! I just realised last night that we have a TS shop quite close. I'd never seen a stand-alone TS shop before so I went in and got myself signed up to the newsletter/catalogue quick smart!

The other shop I like to snoop around in is The Works. They do some interesting things also.

Thanks for sharing your work.