Sunday, 20 July 2008

I should be sewing......

I had plans to finish up my Jalie twist top today but it's such an awful day in Sydney, certainly not conducive to trying on a summer top! All I need to do is adjust the front....for some reason I seem to have mucho surplus of fabric at the lower front seam!? I think it's related to the FBA but I would've thought my huge stomach would take care of the excess, but no! What a surprise. I need to try it on and pin out the excess. I also need to add the modesty panel as this baby is not sitting very high and I have a very long cleavage LOL.

I also have plans to visit Pitt Trading this week. I'm looking for something that I could possibly use for the July capsule thingie on the Stitcher's Guild forums. Not sure if I'll be successful but I can also visit the gorgeous bead shop that's just around the corner. Last time I was there, I saw a wonderful three strand necklace that I want to copy. It's made up of silver tubes and swarovski crystals. Each strand is covered and has five silver tubes in a row & then a crystal. I'm making mine with 4mm aquamarine & moonlight crystals which I purchased at Bead & Crystal Heaven. Should be nice!

So that's my update. Sorry it's been so long.

No comments: