Monday, 23 June 2008

Weekend sewing

I've been away for the weekend, sewing! It was a great time & I got three tops finished. I can only share 1 pic though as the other two still need hemming.

This is Simplicity 4076. I made view D with the sleeves from view B. Unfortunately, I can't get a decent pic that doesn't reflect my bra. The fabric has a very open weave & is very susceptible to that sort of thing. I did an FBA but still need to add a little bit more and it needs a bit more length. Other than that, I'm very happy with the whole thing. I hemmed the sleeves using a Pearl Crown Rayon in the upper looper of my overlocker on the rolled hem setting and I stretched it a little to make it wavy. Although it didn't roll, it made a nice edging.



Here's a close-up of the neck edge where I used black FOE.

Here's a close-up of the sleeve hem.

Pattern: Simplicity 4076

Fabric: Cotton knit - quite sheer and will eventually pill!

Purchased: 4 Oct 2006 from Lincraft (aka Lincrap)

Cost: $6 p/metre - reduced from $12

5 comments:

velosews said...

Hey Alison. The photos you've taken are good. The work you've done is even better. The yolk and sleeve edging is very impressive.

Alana said...

I love it! What's the fabric content and where did you get it?

Cathy Lloyd said...

Fabulous Ali! Hope your weekend was outta this world!

Cathy Lloyd said...

We want details! :)

velosews said...

I'm going to try your sleeve edging technique.