Sunday, 8 June 2008

Jalie 2788

I'm currently working on adjusting Jalie 2788 Women's twist tops for myself but in the meantime, I made it for DD. She measured as a size T in the full bust and after some advice from Belinda on Pattern Review, that's what I made. Straight off the pattern, no adjustments at all. It's great! DD loves it. She didn't want the low back with the ties, so I just traced off another neckline & used that on the pattern. The top is just a tiny bit too big in the shoulders but that's OK. I'm not sure if the neckline is right at the centre front though. I used black FOE on the neckline and it doesn't appear to join at c/f. This is another first for me...I've never used FOE before. I sewed it on one side with a zig zag & then turned it & finished it with a straight stitch. I love it!




Jalie 2788 Twist Top
View B with puff sleeves and flounce - no modesty panel!
Fabric: very fine poly?/lycra purchased at Pitt Trading about 5 years ago
Cost: can't remember


Conclusion: I love this pattern! Even though it took me three attempts to get the twist right! This fabric was a bugger to sew and even worse to unpick and of course everything that could go wrong did. So I'm hoping my version will be a snap. All I have to do is work out how to do a FBA.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Alison,
This top looks lovely on your daughter. She looks very happy, isn't it great when they are pleased with what you sew for them.

Sharon said...

Catherine looks great, glad she is happy with it. Sharon

velosews said...

DD looks happy in her new top. The fit is great and the photographer is doing a great job :)