Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Another finished top for my trip

Another version of Kwik Sew 2694. This fabric is gorgeous! I even managed to prevent one of those huge white flowers from being right over my bust so I'm very happy about that. I'm not sure what's going on but after I hemmed it I noticed that the right side is now flapping a bit like it's been stretched out. I also noticed that on the other version when I was wearing it the other day. Maybe I need to steam the hem?

The finish of the crossover is a bit different this time. I used plastic elastic on the neckline. I'd never sewn elastic on with my overlocker before but it was great! I did a three thread narrow seam, didn't stretch the elastic - it's just sewn as is. The big difference is in the wearing. While the other top moves & exposes my bra at times, this one doesn't move at all. I like it & will repeat the application if I do this top again.



Kwik Sew 2694
Fabric from Pitt Trading $8 p/metre
Purchased some time in late 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the plastic elastic!! Worked for me too!! Luisa R

Sharon said...

You guys will have to tell me how as this is what I need for a blue and brown open weave knit that I want to make up.
Sharon Spils

velosews said...

Nice work Alison. The fit looks great.