Saturday, 14 March 2015

Simplicity 2892

Popping in with a top that I've just finished and wanted to share otherwise I will forget. It's Simplicity 2892, a sleeveless top with a gathered yoke. I rather like this view, the others leave me a bit cold.

I suspect I originally bought this for my DD but on a whim cut this out for myself in the biggest size (22) to see how it would go. I think I was feeling lazy - didn't want to trace or do an FBA so picked the 22 on the basis that its measurement around the bust was bigger than me. Ha!

So of course I had gaposis in the front. Mostly around the underarm and the bugger didn't cover my bra straps. But a quick repin by a handy ASG member fixed that and I've only just got around to sewing it and finishing. A very comfy top but I think it needs more in the bust. Pft.

My fabric is voile that I picked up on the infamous 2011 USA trip. It feels so gorgeous and that's probably the reason I bought it but I think it would never have gone with anything in my wardrobe hence the wearable around-the-house toile. And it's perfect for that.


Simplicity 2892
Size 22
Fabric: Voile from Bolt in Portland OR
Cost: US$15.95 per yard

The photo is a selfie cos everyone else in the house is still in bed. I have I'm-not-going-out weekend hair and appear to be all stomach. But hey...you get to see my new glasses. And they're purple!

6 comments:

BeaJay said...

Very nice top - may need to layer it up as it is getting colder. Cool glasses.

Sharon said...

Your top looks pretty good from here and those glasses are perfect.

Sue said...

Lovely top - looks cool and comfortable! The glasses are great!

KathyS said...

Pretty top and the glasses are great.

L said...

Cute top, Alison! I couldn't get 2892 to work for me. I'm glad you got a good top out of the pattern.

catspec said...

Great top! :) I guess you are getting into Autumn now so this is a great transitional piece as they say...now as is and later with a wrap! :)