Simplicity 2344
Size: 20/22
Fabric: Stella from Standard Knits
So...onto the other news. I have entered the PR Wardrobe Contest! No surprise there, huh? No doubt I will come second again ;) however since the prize is MORE fabric, I'm not sure if I want to win. Not that I think I will...there is a lot of great ideas in this contest so far. But since I was making the clothes anyway, might as well enter, right?
Here is my wardrobe plan. I've already amended it once so this is version 2.0.
I've started the McCalls dress 5893 and just need to join the skirt to the top bit. I've done toiles of the 2230 and am about to adjust 6963. This one was a late entry after I flicked a princess knit top when one side of it was doing something strange on my right boob. No time or inclination to work out why so I moved on. I would rather have a sleeve but haven't got enough of the fabric so my fat arms will be exposed. However, I can wear the mesh jacket thingie over it. I may yet make another mesh top in aqua for later. The mesh for the contest is lime but not the same lime as the pants. So I'm unsure about that but will see how it looks when it's all made.
This wardrobe will be for my cruise next year but some of it will be entered into the ASG Convention Challenge later this year. Hence the reason I'm making summer clothes in April/May.
The lime fabric is a linen/cotton from Spotlight, the Simplicity 2230 is a silk/cotton from Addicted to Fabric in Canberra and the aqua is merino from The Fabric Store. The dress and cowl top are poly/spandex and the Simplicity 4076 is a rayon/spandex. The last two are remnants from previous makes.
So I've just got to make them.


5 comments:
Ooh I am loving the fabric in your wardrobe. Good luck. I would be thrilled to come second. Don't even see that happening. Great top too. That is your go to top shape.
Nice wardrobe! I know the "all I have to do is sew it" concept!
Did you say you don't want more fabric! Obviously feeling the tropical sun!
You are getting organised early for our weekend!
Will be interested to see what the horizontal wrinkle is in this top as it looks great smooched down in the photo.
Your wardrobe plan looks so summery and I look forward to seeing it come to life.
OOohh...wardrobe great - top super! Love the colors you choose!
Post a Comment