Tuesday, 5 August 2014

A couple of finished items

A quickie catch-up post here to show the last 2 things I've sewn. Neither of them are secret women's business!

The first one is Simplicity 2603 View E with sleeves. This is the cami from the much-reviewed & loved cardi wrap pattern which is now OOP. I made this 3 yrs ago but the girls have grown and I have grown so it's now too small. Well, actually it still goes around me but is sooo short I can't wear it outside. In fact, even wearing it inside annoys me. Sigh. I shortened it and shouldn't have. Double sigh. So I have re-made it using some merino I bought in NZ last year. Love the length but maybe could've done with a bit more in the body. Just excuse the burgundy pants - I don't wear them like this in real life! Oh & the colour is out...it's more teal than blue.



Simplicity 2603 View E
Size XL
Fabric: Merino from the Fabric Store, Auckland New Zealand
Cost: NZ$20 per metre

The second thing I wanted to show you were these pants from Vogue 1355. It's a Sandra Betzina pattern and while I had trouble with the waistband aspect, I absolutely adore these pants. I thought they'd either be a disaster or fantastic and luckily for me, it's the latter.


Vogue 1355
Size H
Fabric: Poly Viscose from Martin & Savage
Purchased 25 November 2004, $12 per metre


If you pop over to Pattern Review you can read my thoughts on Sandra Betzina's negative ease waistband. Let's just say that no negative ease is gonna work on me so my pants now have an elastic waist. And I highly recommend it. LOL.

6 comments:

Sarah Liz said...

I agree, nothing like good old elastic to hold pants up. Negative ease wouldn't work with me, either :)

Judith said...

Yes, I'm an elastic-waisted person as well! Love the look of both of your garments ... J

BeaJay said...

Great top and those pants look even better IRL. Very nice indeed. I'm with you on the waistband. Tried negative ease before and had to put in the elastic.

catspec said...

Very nice outfits! Love the tops...also love elastic.....;) Negative ease? Nope. We ladies have too much positive going on....:)

Sharon said...

Love both pieces they look great on you and negative ease, what negative ease!

Sue said...

A teal top and black pants - two great things to have in the wardrobe!