I'm very happy at the moment as I have just successfully attached a woven bias binding with my coverstitch machine! Woot!!!
About a month ago I received my Ebay order of binders for the Coverpro. They included a belt looper, single fold binder for FOE and a double fold binder for bias wovens. Unfortunately they sent me the wrong one. Anyway, fast forward to now. I received the correct binder (in 4 days!) so since I was making a toile of the top I wanted it for, I thought maybe I should give the binder a go.
I cut my strip the required size (2" cut for a 1/2" finished binding), spray starched it and began. Luckily my needles were in the correct place so it was just a matter of feeding the binding under the foot and lining it up.
Just look at this beautifulness! I am soooo impressed and it worked first go. Love!
Close up of the inside:
Closeup of the outside:
This is the binder
And this is how it looks attached to the machine.





7 comments:
I can see why you are so in love with your new binder ~ that binding looks awesome! Great sewing ... J
Oh yes! Perfecto :)
Gorgeous! I'm fairly new to coverstitching--how long did you have your machine before you took the binder plunge?
I am jealous. I have binder envy. You are very clever indeed and it does look brilliant. Want want want.
Beautiful!
Fantastic results!
This has inspired me to get a binder. I only use my coverstitch machine for hems; there is so much more this machine can do!
Thank you for taking the time to come out to Cabramatta! You are definitely my comedy-twin. =) Let's keep in touch!
Post a Comment