Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Wooooo....I'm a winner!

I'm a bit excited cos I've won the Plus Size Pattern Pyramid over at Fiona's blog. So I've been grovelling through my pattern drawers for likely inclusions. Had to laugh...when I checked out Fiona's pics, one of the ones I've got is already in the pyramid.

Anyway...I am actually sewing at the moment. I'm making a tankini top toile for DD. We're off on a cruise in January (have I mentioned this before??) and she needs a new swimming costume. It's worked out pretty well except for the fact I used 1/2" elastic instead of 3/8". I will be making another one in rather lurid fluoro pink so watch out for a pic if DD allows her almost naked body to be photographed.

I've also made this:


I saw these on Sharon's blog last yr so thought I'd make a couple for Christmas presents. Sorry Sharon...this one is for Catherine. LOL. The zip is a bit wonky but it was my first attempt.

6 comments:

velosews said...

Congratulations Alison.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Congratulations! I'll be posting your patterns tomorrow :)

Sharon said...

Oh :( but that's okay I made my own last year in that fabric. Congratulations on the win so glad to hear good news for you!!

Kristy Chan said...

I'm sure your pattern stash was already overflowing before winning, but there' always room for more isn't there?!

Sue said...

Well done - enjoy playing with your new patterns!

Judith said...

Congrat's on the new patterns! Always fun to have a few new ones to play with ... J