Anyway....I've been & returned from the Convention in Auckland. It was fab! However, while I was away a bit of drama occurred at home. Firstly, my husband decided to crash his motorbike and ended up in hospital with a broken leg. He & my daughter decided not to tell me this UNTIL my daughter crashed my car. So I got double bad news via text message. Anyway, long story short - husband is home on the couch and my car has been written off by the insurance company. So we are a one car family right now and DD can't drive it due to restrictions on her licence. Ergh. I'm waiting for the insurance co to pay me out but have ordered a new car to replace my previous one but that one hasn't arrived either. Double ergh.
Yeah it doesn't look like much damage but the airbags both deployed and that plus the cost of fixing the seatbelts was enough to total it.
I purchased a bit of fabric while in New Zealand which I will share in a future post. I promise! I haven't even unpacked it yet due to all the drama. I had to buy another bag to bring it all home. :)
Oh & I haven't told you about the third drama - our next door neighbour's house burnt down! Well, not down exactly but enough so they need a new roof & insides!! I saw the fire start from my lounge room and let me tell you it was scarey as all getout! Never again will I joke about a house fire. Sheesh. And yes...I had time and the idea of taking a photo during the emergency!


4 comments:
You have had your 3 dramas so it is now time for fun. Hope everyone is okay and can't wait to see the haul from NZ.
Wow - you have been in the wars!!! You have my sympathy and yes - that does look like major damage to the car. Just as long as DD is okay and DH is recovering. I would love to read a post about the ASG convention. I know it happened but haven't read much about it and you know I live vicariously through others for things like that!!!!! And "I purchased a bit of fabric while in New Zealand which I will share in a future post. I promise!".... hmm that is me sounding skeptic - your posts are few and far between - but would love to see your purchases so please please please....
Oh Alison, what a story and the heading "dramas" about sums it up! Good that your family & house are safe and that you enjoyed convention, it will certainly be memorable.
Oh my that is a lot of dramas. At least every one is ok except your poor hubby with a broken leg and poor you having to look after him - we all know how much worse a man's illness is than a woman's!
Post a Comment