Saturday, 31 August 2013

A quick update

I went away last weekend to the Gold Coast with a group of friends. We stayed on the 40th floor of the Oracle at Broadbeach. Wow! It was fabulous and the weather was beautiful.


This was part of our view:


As you can imagine, I'm finding it a little difficult to get back to a "normal" life so after wandering around my sewing room for the past couple of days & doing a tiny bit of tidying up, I re-found this UFO from the ASG Convention in Launceston 2011.

I did a fabric dyeing class & we coloured a whole lot of fabric. I decided to make a mug bag out of my fabric but after sewing it together, it's been sitting for 2 years waiting for a drawstring. Since I didn't have any in my stash, I got some last week at SL & finished it up this morning. Finally!




6 comments:

Sew Leonie said...

Very pretty. I've done 2 online fabric dyeing courses but as yet have not tried anything.

waikikimum said...

Alison I love the GC one of my favourite places to be.

Louise said...

It looks lovely, but those buildings are very tall. Your little bag is sweet, I like the square base.

BeaJay said...

Great view. GC is lovely isn't it? Fab bag - love what you have done with the fabric and stitching.

Judith said...

Just love your fabric, very clever!

Chris Lucas said...

The Gold Coast is definitely a great place for a holiday! Your fabric looks great and good for you for finishing it too :)