Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Retreat sewing

Two weekends ago, I went on a three day sewing retreat with the Australian Sewing Guild Highlands to the Sea region at The Tops Conference Centre. It was fabulous. Three full days of sewing, eating, chatting, laughing & sleeping. The food was fabulous and so was the company. I even managed to finish some items. These are their stories.

The items I sewed were all for the ASG Convention in Auckland next month. I made 2 pairs of ponte pants - one black, one brown. I don't really need to show you photos of them, do I? I also made a brown top to match said brown ponte pants.

It's the top from Simplicity 2148. A pretty basic design with only 3 pieces (front, back & neckband). I did an FBA & rotated it into the centre front gathers, took about 2cm off the width of the neckband and changed the side seams to 1/4" as the sleeve was quite snug.


Simplicity 2148
Size 16 at neck, 24 at sides
Fabric from The Remnant Warehouse $8.95 per metre

I also made 2 cardigans but as only 1 is completely finished, that's all I can show you. This one is burgundy to match the burgundy outfit for Convention (excuse the brown pants & the windswept hair).   I added about 3" to the length after my last version was much too short.


Kwik Sew 2759
Fabric: Acrylic sweater knit from The Remnant Warehouse $10 p/m

5 comments:

BeaJay said...

Very nice indeed. I am so envious of your retreat. I couldn't make. I see you made good use of your time. Great top. I have that same fabric so it is wonderful to see it made up - especially in the pattern that was raved about on the industry day. Looks fab on you. Great cardi too. Your Auckland wardrobe is coming along nicely.

Sharon said...

It was a fantastic weekend and you have got yourself some wonderful pieces from it for the Convention.

Sue said...

You are so lucky to be be to get away for such great retreats! I love that top and the cardi looks like a great wardrobe piece too.

Keely said...

Loving your top and cardy. I was pleased to realise I had that KS pattern already, so now it's been pulled out. :)

Keely said...

Loving your top and cardy. I was pleased to realise I had that KS pattern already, so now it's been pulled out. :)