I bought this pattern when I attended the ASG Industry Day. It was a spur of the moment purchase after Suzanne Gray recommended it. I originally thought it might replace my much-loved Simplicity 4076 because of the top but realised later it wouldn't. However, the jackets in this pattern caught my eye and I've been sewing like a mad woman & have 2 done.
The beauty of this pattern is once you have the pieces adjusted, you get 2 jackets as both Views B & C use the same pieces. Yay! I've made View B for myself out of stretch velvet but have no photo yet as my photographer & I can't get our act together. But here is my second version which I made for DD.
This jacket looks really professional on her & I think it's suitable for work (that's if she had a job!!). The fabric is ponte & it sewed really beautifully. The band sits well (trust me, a floppier fabric does not) and I'm very happy with the result although the shoulders are a tad big.
The pockets are fabulous if a little bulky in the ponte to sew. There was also a mistake in the pattern but you'll find all the details about that in my review on PR.
Here's a closeup of the floppy pocket. This is almost identical to a RTW cardi that DD has. This one is much nicer though...or am I just biased?? LOL.



7 comments:
Great jacket and will work for any interviews as well as to/from tech.
A lovely jacket Alison and versatile too. I can see your daughter getting a lot of compliments and wear from this, as it looks great on her.
Ponte jackets are so versatile and this one could do duty as dress up/dress down.
Nice jacket and pattern, Ive never sewed with ponte fabric before, maybe I should take the plunge.
Fantastic. Looks so professional both in style and execution. Very versatile with colour too. Can't wait to see yours.
Love this jacket - lucky daughter to have you sewing for her. Can't wait to see your velvet version...
Is this the jacket I saw you just starting on Saturday? You have been sewing like a mad woman!
Post a Comment