First up is Kwik Sew 2759 an oldie but a goodie. I probably should've gone up a size for this one but it will do. :) This has FOE around the neckline and I've sewn the overlap down so no flashing.
Next are 2 tops from Simplicity 4076. One has FOE around the neck and the other has the band from the pattern. The one with the band was a bugger to sew...very slippery.... and my Coverpro hated it. I wanted to try to make the neckline using my binders but it wasn't to be. Wrong choice on my part for a first attempt.
This is Kwik Sew 3784 without the buttons/loops and centre front seam. I used a fine wool blend that I got at Remnant Warehouse. I was in dire need of a plain black top so this has filled a hole in my wardrobe. The neckline is gaping a bit but I'm not sure if it's due to the facing or whether it may have stretched a little.
Again, a TNT pattern - Kwik Sew 3740. This first one, in the most gorgeous & expensive red/black/grey knit from Addicted to Fabric in Canberra, has no cowl and FOE around the neck. I had to laugh...I had my hair done this morning and you can see it getting messier and messier with every photo!
This version of 3740 is done using the softest most drapey fabric. I had to buy it just for the feel! It came from the Remnant Warehouse and goes so well in this pattern. It looks black and white in the photos but it's actually brown. Sharon, you should get some!
Last and certainly least is this silk jacket I've been making since May. Talk about give you a challenge! This was supposed to have a double mitred hem but my fabric didn't want to play so I ended up overlocking it and turning it over. Now I look at the photos, the sleeves are huge! probably not my best look but, as I was wont to say during construction especially at the end, I don't care!!
Vogue 8088
Fabric: silk sari given to me by ASG Board (hence the obligation sewing of same)







6 comments:
Love all your new tops. Very glamorous haircut/style. As far as your silk jacket, when I first saw it I wasn't sure about it but after looking at it analytically (???) it does grow on you/me. Of course the background isn't ideal and of course you are not going to wear it with jeans and black top, or are you. Stick with it, I like it, it is nice. Maybe we need a retreat for photography.
A great new wardrobe of tops! I especially like the first Simplicity 4076 with the FOE--very nice print. And shouldn't everybody have a silk Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for special occasions?
Wow - you have ploughed through and acheived so much! Great tops. Particularly love the first one and the last top - love the fabric. And your silk jacket - very glam.
You should have a mini-weekend-retreat more often if these are the end results! Well done on a marathon sewing of tops...love them all...
These are all wonderful tops. The silk top with any colour will work together really well.
Very stylish tops and your silk jacket will work with some wonderful colours, we are going fabric shopping in Adelaide.
Post a Comment