Wednesday, 15 August 2012

A few finishes

Last weekend, I joined a group of intrepid ASG members for a weekend away sewing. Three days (& nights) of uninterupted sewing time saw me finish 2 items completely & half finish two others. In fact, I could've used another project!

My first finish was Vogue 8795, the Marcy Tilton short drapey jacket. I just knew when I saw this that a black ponte with Swarovski zipper would be perfect and as I had the aforementioned ponte in my stash, all I had to do was order the zipper. Incidentally, I got it at Zipperstop and their customer service was wonderful. If you add the zipper to your cart by itself, the shipping to Australia will be calculated at $44.95! However, I emailed them & asked if they could just manually do the order and send me a Paypal invoice for the total. No problem & it was done that very day! $5.95 shipping. Highly impressed.

Onto the pic.


Vogue 8795
Size 14 at shoulders & 20 at sides
Fabric: Ponte
Purchased at The Fabric Depot, Portland OR 27 Feb 2011 $9.99 p/yd (less 20%)
Zipper from Zipperstop.com

The other item I made was the draped jacket from Christine Jonson's Travel Trio 1.  Mine is done using a turquoise acrylic sweater knit, sewn totally on the overlocker (except for the darts) and hemmed using my Coverpro. Very quick!



Christine Jonson Travel Trio 1 - draped jacket
Size L with FBA
Fabric: Acrylic sweater knit from The Remnant Warehouse
$15 for 2.5m remnant

I've also entered a contest on PR. The handbag one. Duh! I made Vogue 8439 using goat leather for the handles and ties. While it looks good in the photo, I will be taking it apart and giving it more structure. The interfacing I've used is just not firm enough and the leather straps & heavy hardware make it fall down in a heap. So I will need to fix that.


Vogue 8439
Fabric: Quilting cotton
Straps: goat leather from NSW Leather

4 comments:

velosews said...

Each piece you made on the weekend is glorious Alison.

BeaJay said...

Great results - particularly love the Marcy Tilton - love the bling.

Judith said...

You will want to head off every weekend if these are any indication of results!!!! Excellent sewing...

Sharon said...

Great jackets and love the zipper, pity the bag didn't work out as planned but you know how to fix so it will be a win.