Sunday, 31 July 2011

Overlocker cover

Yesterday I was desperate to sew but I had nothing cut out ready to go. So rather than do what I'm supposed to be doing (which is adjusting a coat pattern so I can have a toile ready for 13 August), I decided to make a much needed cover for my overlocker. It currently has one of those plastic ones but it's starting to tear along the seams cos it's made out of that brittle plastic and I hate it.

I knew that deep in my stash I had a partly-finished (make that hardly started) double wedding ring quilt that I was making more than 10 years ago for my bed. Ha! Dream on! So I found it & thought I could use some of the blocks to form this cover. Well, no. I only had 2 partly formed rings (& one had a big stain on it!) but I did have lots of the rings joined into strips.



So I decided to use the strips & just join them into a long piece, make a square for the top, quilt it and VOILA...this is what I ended up with.

1 comment:

Stephanie Newman said...

Good on you for recycling those fabrics into an overlocker cover. Better than sitting in a project that you might probably never finish. I have used scraps in different ways to make covers as well- makes you feel very virtuous, doesn't it?