Sunday, 14 August 2011

Vogue 8559

This is one of my evening outfits for the Convention next month. Eeek!! Did I say next month? Yes, it's 4 weeks from today. Better get cracking.

Lucky this top only took a couple of hours to whip up. Attaching the mesh was the fiddliest bit. Unfortunately, I only had the small sizes so had to use a medium where I should really use a large. The sleeves are a little snug and I should've done my shoulder/neck adjustment but other than that, I love it. I just happened to have this mesh in my stash & it goes beautifully with the burgundy velvet.

I did lengthen it by about 10cm (4 inches). It's incredibly short. I think Marcy designed it to wear over the tank from the same pattern but I think that would just be too much velvet for me. :) One thing I did learn....velvet is really hard to photograph!


I pinned it up here so you can see the mesh at the bottom edge.

Back view....love that little gathered bit!


Closeup of how the mesh is joined to the raw edged velvet. I used a twin needle although it's really hard to tell in the pic.



Closer view of the back gathered bit.

1 comment:

velosews said...

Love this. The colour is great and it's sooo creative.