So....this jacket is very loose and very long so I took 3.5 inches off the length. Lucky, cos the neckband piece is incorrect - it's 3.5 inches too short for the jacket. I knew this, so made mine a little longer just in case and then chopped off the excess later.
Small annoying things
- Neckband applied after hemming - leaves a bit sticking out below the hem
- Pockets make the side seams stick out on my already ample hips - not a good look
- Upper arm/underarm areas a bit snug - could be my fabric but I think it needs more ease, especially if wearing a long sleeved top underneath
Other than that, it's not a bad jacket. I just don't like it on me. But my friend said it looked OK & it does the job. But am I ever happy?? Apparently not. :)
In the pic, I'm wearing it with my top from the same pattern (sleeveless) & my newly purchased burgundy beret which just happens to match the print & keeps my head warm at the same time!
McCalls 6247
View A jacket
Size 16
Fabric: Black ponte purchased from Lincrap Castle Hill
2nd June 2011 $17.95 p/metre

2 comments:
You look smashing.
Great outfit!
Post a Comment