First up is the dratted McCalls 5191 jeans jacket. I'm a little peeved at all the extra ease/fabric in the shoulder area - didn't see that coming. But I'm also peeved cos I forgot to check the shoulder length before cutting. Bugger! Of course, it was huge. So I ended up chopping off about 1.5" and methinks it could do with more. But it's finished and that's the main thing.
McCalls 5191
Size: 14
Fabric: Denim
Purchased from The Dancing Queen, Richmond Vic
in March 2009
I used Snap Source Pearl 18 snaps in navy on this jacket. I love them! I ordered about 4 different blues so I could have a nice choice & was surprised in the end which ones matched the best. Here's a closeup of the snaps.
The other item I have to show is my Simplicity 2451 skirt. This was meant to be a toile but I'm going to wear it out to lunch tomorrow with my.....NEW BOOTS! See pic! Actually it's not finished in this pic but close enough. I had to take advantage of my photographer being in the land of the living in the middle of the day. Anyway, the skirt is made from a wool fabric that was in my stash (for, like, years!) and was quite easy to sew once I'd made some adjustments.
Simplicity 2451
Size 20 (plus a bit more)
Fabric: wool from the stash
Cost: free!
I'm in love with that picture! LOL.




2 comments:
I love the detailing, the invisible zip and your boots of course.
The invisible zip across the seam is perfect and the whole outfit is great. Will the denim soften if you wash it more or don't want more distressing.
Post a Comment