Tuesday, 3 May 2011

McCalls 6247

This top was meant to be a toile but it's worked out really well and just happens to match the cherry print red fabric in my Marcy top which I will also be making a cardi jacket out of. I originally was going to use View A from this pattern for the print but have changed to a TNT, New Look 6735 and it's now cut out ready to sew.

But back to this baby. I had a little trouble with the neckband instructions but once I worked out what they were really trying to say, I was fine. The only other thing with this pattern is that the sleeves are meant to be long in View B. Of course, they are on me cos I'm short but I did nothing to them. The hint was the photo on the pattern cover...they look 3/4 length on the model (middle photo at the bottom in the print) and I really think that's how they're meant to be. Actually I should compare the pattern piece from the sleeve on View A & see for sure.


I now want to make the pants from this pattern and I currently have the sleeveless version of the top cut out. The advantage of that top is it uses the same pattern pieces as this one so no need to do any more adjustments. Love it!


McCalls 6247
Fabric: Cotton/lycra
Purchased from Pitt Trading 2008
Cost: $8 per metre

5 comments:

Imaan said...

Nice fit Alison!

Gail said...

I like this top a lot. The style suits you.

Sharon said...

Glad you worked out the neckline as this top really looks great on you.

KathyS said...

That top looks really good on you Alison. The fit is lovely.

velosews said...

You trim thing. The top worked out well.