Tuesday, 9 November 2010

A couple of things I've been working on

The first thing I've got to show you is the top I had adjusted at the ASG Convention in Ballarat. It's Simplicity 8523, a simple top with neck & sleeve variations. I have two copies - one in the small sizes & one in the bigger.

I'm not sure why blogger feels the urge to put the photo at the side...bleh.

Anyway, I think it needs a couple of things. First would be ironing! LOL. It is also a little big around the hip IMO. This was always going to be a toile but it's turned out OK. I'm just not sure I want to wear it out in the real world. LOL.



The next thing I want to show is a top that I adjusted way back in about 2005-6 with my sewing teacher Roberta Thompson. It was almost done...all I had to do was adjust the shoulders where RT had pinned them & whack on the sleeves. The sleeves were very dangly ones and when I put one in, I could see the wrong side of the fabric. As it's a print, it's very obvious. So I changed them. Luckily I still had all the fabric scraps. This one also needs an iron and if you look really really closely (& I don't think you can see it in this pic), the darts are around my waist! But I'm still gonna wear it.


This is the pattern.



2 comments:

velosews said...

Cool. I like the knit top the best.

Sharon said...

A cool shirt for at home and a great knit top.