The wardrobe consists of 4 tops, 4 bottoms, a topper and 1 free choice. My topper and free choice are easy...I'm making the Simplicity cardi wrap 2603 in black wool jersey and my free choice is a jeans jacket using OOP Vogue 7910 in this funky croc denim which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it.
So to go with those, I'm going to make the Jalie jeans which should hopefully fit me for a while even if I do lose more weight. I might make them without any rivets so I could take them in on the side seams if necessary. Then there will be a long denim skirt using Simplicity 9825, view D. If I have enough wool jersey, I'll make the cami from Simp 2603 adding the sleeves like my friend Sharon did. Otherwise, I'll need to buy some fabric for that.
My other choices are:
- 6 gore knit skirt in red - New Look 6735
- top with detachable cowl - OOP McCalls 4600
- black knit pants - cashmere modal fabric - possibly NL 6735
- black merino top with zip (a knock-off of this except my collar will be different) - adapted from Kwik Sew 2900
- one other top in black/white/red jersey - no pattern yet
The problem with most of this is I don't have any red knit fabric or anything for the detachable cowl or any black merino!



2 comments:
Challenges seem to be the theme of your wardrobe. I'm glad your going to make each outfit suit your current shape. It means you can focus on what you're doing. I love the croc fabric and the pattern will make this a knock out. I've got plenty of red knits if you need any too.
The weight loss will come (when you least expect it!) Make the clothes and move on from them when the weight loss happens. It happens for a long time. I am no overnight success story, mine has been going on for over 7 years now and I am still losing weight - but close to the end now.
I love the items and colours you have chosen. Also very jealous you are sewing for travel!
Post a Comment