Sunday, 23 May 2010

Jalie jeans part 2

So I cut out the yoke and pocket, added the zip and tried them again. Wow. I'd take a photo but it will include muffin top. That's a guarantee! They certainly flatten the old tum but again, these don't have the 4% spandex. So I'm thinking I might only have to take a little bit out from under the bum....while these aren't baggy under the bum, the excess is still there in skin-tight wrinkles LOL. I think I'll also have to shorten the front crotch a bit as they're right at my waist now without any waistband.

I've actually been sewing this weekend and have made a tunic out of panne velvet to wear to a Bollywood inspired anniversary do in a couple of weeks. I really didn't want to fork out copious amounts of money for a sari or RTW tunic so this was a great option at $6 from Lincrap. Turns out they had a great selection of braid & sequins too (unlike Spotlight) but no braid that matched my top so I used sequins & glued them on. Only a hanger pic I'm afraid and not that particulary spectacular either. The only alterations I did were a 2cm gaposis tuck in the neck and an FBA. As usual, I've used an OOP pattern that I found in my stash. I'd actually got it out for the elastic waist pants that are also there but haven't done anything in that regard yet.


Simplicity 8130 OOP
Fabric: panne velvet $6 something from Lincraft

I've also been sewing some school pants for DD. Really exciting bottle green numbers. I tissue fitted the pattern on her and they're almost done. I'm pretty happy with the result. Why is it so much easier to fit someone else? If only I had a double! Husband has also given me a job to do...hemming his work pants. Bleh.

2 comments:

velosews said...

The top is a very good start. You're becoming a whizz at blinging. I bet the pants are easy to pull together to get a great bollywood outfit. Nice work Alison.

Sharon said...

Love the top and aren't you glad we sew. I'm sure DD is still getting curves so that it why it is easier. DH gave me two pairs of work pants last week, first one done, next one maybe tonight.

Those Jalie Jeans are sounding good, have you got any stretch denim yet?