I made a 2.5cm FBA, shortened the skirt by about 6cm, added a little to the skirt under bust seam, added a little extra to the back (in the toile it was perfect but the stretch in the fabric has made it a little big now) and changed the zip to an invisible one. It seems that invisible zips are in as I counted at least 10 at the wedding. Everyone had them except, would you believe, the bridesmaids in their strapless numbers, which were almost the same colour as DD's dress!
The bling went on really well albeit a little crooked. But no one noticed thank goodness and I could sit across the table from DD all night, just watching the sparkle. Yeah...small things amuse me.
Simplicity 3501
Size 10 with adjustments
Fabric: Stretch satin purchased at The Remnant Warehouse
Price: $7.95 p/m

4 comments:
You have done a fantastic job on this dress and DD looks very grown up.
Very pretty! I love the bling!!
Great dress. The bling is really well done. The bag's a nice touch too.
Wow - doesn't DD look grown up!! Well done on the dress. elleR
Post a Comment