Saturday, 1 May 2010

Laptop Sleeve

After the mini-wardrobe & formal wear contests, I've lost my way a bit. I have nothing to sew and no plans. So this is just what I needed to kick-start my mojo again. It's a laptop sleeve from Nicole Mallalieu's Laptop bag pattern. She doesn't actually give you the pattern but rather instructions on how to draft it to your laptop's size.

All the edges are bound with bias. I bought an 18mm Clover bias maker and wow! I've never made bias with one of these before but I'm in love with it! It was just so easy to make (once I'd cut the strips the right size that is LOL).

From Sewing with cats

Laptop Sleeve
Pattern by Nicole Mallalieu Designs
Fabric: Vera Bradley Purple Punch
Purchased from Etsy Dec 2009 US$10 p/yd


This pic is the boxed corner that Nicole uses. Easy!



And here is what the flap looks like underneath.

From Sewing with cats

Next up will be Nicole's make up bag in the same fabric. It's all ready to go. Oh & I've just drafted my knock-off of this top.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Love the laptop bag, you will need to bring with you next time so we can have a real good look at it.

Okay so what are you doing differently to this top? Are you adding the buttons for styling? Please share.