Friday, 5 March 2010

Mini Wardrobe Contest

I've been reading Sue's blog where she has posted a storyboard for the PR Mini Wardrobe contest and that got me thinking that I might enter too. It's only 4 pieces so I thought I'd make 2 bottoms & 2 tops. That shouldn't be too hard.


My first thought was that since making my previous pants was such a drama that maybe I will make a skirt. I know...shock, horror....I never wear skirts. But they are so much easier to fit than pants and maybe if I make one, I'll wear it. LOL. So that got me thinking about a skirt I made way back in 2005. It was Vogue 7911, a wrap around skirt that I made from black wool crepe. I have to admit, it was gorgeous. If only I could find it!! LOL. I will search later after DH has got out of bed & gone to work. Anyway, the beauty of this skirt is that it's a wrap around so will continue to fit me as I lose more weight (which, if anyone cares, has slowed considerably but I'm back on the exercise wagon). To go with my travel colours for next year in Puyallup (insert small yip of excitement here) I thought I'd make it out of red wool crepe. Lush. Hope I can find some.

That's as far as I've got with planning. Although something in my mind is saying grey stretch wool pants with invisible zip.

Oh & I forgot to mention...I made up the Simplicity cardi wrap on Monday. I got some basic drapey black knit from Pitt Trading last week - oh & there were many many other fabrics I could've bought...all suitable for the wrap! No photos of it yet as DD has gone to Canberra for the day and won't be home until 7pm. As other people have mentioned in their reviews (& I didn't notice until after I'd made mine) the sleeves are a little snug but I can let them out as the seam allowance is 1.5cm. I've decided not to hem it at this point although I may run it through the overlocker on rolled hem if I decide to change the threads. And the bloody thing doesn't wrap around me! Well, it does wrap but it won't tie. Poo. I shall make the longer one next time. How does wool jersey sound? Oh yummy!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Sue's blog is dangerous, I've also been thinking about this contest (instead of focusing on work LOL) afer reading her post.

I am trying to work out what to make that I can take to Puyallup as well(another yip and dancing around here).

velosews said...

Did you want to use any of the red woven I have in my stash?

As for Puyallup (another yipee), I think my black gear might work, but I'm working on purple and red because I'm over black clothes.

Sue said...

The wrap skirt looks great and I think you would wear it a lot!

What is with everyone going to Pallyup!??

Looking forward to seeing yur mini wardrobe.