I was reading through a fashion catalogue this morning and found this. It's from a shop here in Australia called "My Size" who cater for sizes 14 and over.
Hey...that's my fabric! See my storyboard for the mini wardrobe contest. Whaddya know! So...how much do My Size want for this Tshirt? Yes, only $129.95!!! Where's that eye popping icon when you need it? I paid $4 per metre for that fabric at Pitt Trading's half price sale. Normally $8 p/m. A bargain in anyone's language.
This is why I sew. And people say you can't save money sewing anymore.

4 comments:
Good score on the fabric!
That's great.
You could even do another top of all your scraps like you did last time that looked designer. Go for it.
Wow. Pitt Trading is always good to check out their stock. After walking aroudn the city yesterday, RTW clones are everywhere. Sewing makes me feel more individual:)
I agree - sometimes I can find fabric for $1 or $1.95 per yard and I can make an outfit for less than $10. I know why I sew. Also, here in the states, we can get patterns for $.99 during the sales at Jo-Ann's or Hancocks Fabrics. The best reason I sew - my garments fit me.
Post a Comment