The first one is a T-shirt I made on our weekend away. All it needed were hems which I did today. Can you believe I've been wearing it for a month without any hems? LOL. Oh & I let out the sleeve as much as I could as it was a bit snug. So much so, that it was pushing the shoulder seam up onto my shoulder & making it look like it was too small. Well maybe it is but I couldn't tell unless I fixed the sleeve. The jury's still out on that one.
New Look 6875
Fabric from Lincraft - half price @ $7.99 p/metre
I thought it was cotton but Belinda has the same fabric & says is viscose/lycra. No idea how to tell the difference!
The next pic is something I made ages ago for DD. I bought this pants/shorts pattern from Simplicity in October especially for DD and she picked out this fabric from my stash. I had 3 metres. I wonder what I had in mind when I bought it?? So I tissue fitted these shorts and it turns out she, like me, has a long back crotch & a short front one. Who would've known that? So the only adjustment I made was an addition to the back crotch. It probably could do with a bit more. I also made another pair of these shorts on our weekend away out of the scraps of my Simplicity top (the one with the overlocking embellishment). It's a stretch woven and she likes those ones better. Can you believe that I stuffed up the pocket on both pairs?? Much unpicking & muttering later, I finally got it to work but I would've thought I'd learn from the first pair but apparently not. I do like the way the pockets are done though.
Excuse the wrinkles.....she's been wearing them all day!
Burda 7966 size 12
Fabric: 100% cotton drill from stash = free!


2 comments:
Great looking top and those shorts look good on DD.
I love the shorts print. It's such a classic design. Your top looks good too. It's amazing how many rtw close don't finish the hems on knits.
Post a Comment