I've finished one of my Convention outfits. It only took me 2 afternoons so it was pretty quick. I just love the top-stitching detail....all the seams are pressed open, turned under and top-stitched on either side of the seam. That includes the side, centre back, sleeve & shoulder seams. Then all the edges are done the same. There are no facings except a tiny tiny bias neck facing. So no need for an overlocker; just thread your machine & go! Love it.
Adjustments:
- 3cm FBA
- 3cm extra added to front
- 2cm gaposis tuck across front chest
- 1cm round back adjustment with shoulder dart
- about 2cm taken off shoulder length (the pattern had a slightly extended shoulder)
- 1.5cm added to front shoulder seam at neck, tapering to nothing
- shortened sleeves by 10cm
- I meant to do a 1cm gaposis tuck in armhole but forgot!

Vogue 2817
Cotton fabric purchased in Melbourne March 2009
$6 p/metre
2 comments:
Looking very good, and can't wait to see the other two.
Well done! Love that you have listed the alterations you have done! Luisa
Post a Comment